Geometric Programming is of great interest in CAD (Computer Aided Design) and related areas such as computer graphics, modeling and animation, scientific simulation and robotics. A growing interest towards geometric programming is forecast in the next few years with respect to vertical CAD applications and web-based collaborative design environments.
PLaSM is a general-purpose functional language to compute with geometry which the authors use throughout their text. The PLaSM language output produces VRML (Virtual Reality Modelling Language) files which are used to create virtual worlds. The books on PLaSM
- Combine excellent coverage of the theory with well-developed examples
- Numerous applications eg. scientific stimulation, robotics, CAD, Virtual Reality
- Worked exercises for each topic
- Uses PLaSM language (supplied) throughout to illustrate techniques
- Supported with web presence
Written for Industrial Practioners developing CAD software, mechanical engineers in Graphics, CAD and CAM, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering,as well as programmers involved with developing visualization software.